2 Administrator Job Opportunities – Mengo Hospital
Job Title: Administrator (2 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Mengo Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Heads of Department
Mengo Hospital was founded in 1897 in Kampala, and is the oldest hospital in Uganda. It currently serves as an urban community hospital that provides modern medical care. Mengo Hospital provides comprehensive care including radiology, obstetrics, dentistry, orthopedics, and surgery. Additionally, Mengo Hospital provides critical training and education to health professionals through its various programs in midwifery and nursing, health sciences, and laboratory technology. Mengo Hospital also has a dedicated research and development team that works to find new solutions to health issues in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Administrator will be in charge of cost controls and follow up and to oversee a variety of administrative and human resource roles in the Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Administration Officer will be responsible for handling Administrative and Human Resources issues in the Department while liaising and coordinating with HR officers as the need arises.
- Support the Head of Department in drawing up work plans for the department.
- The jobholder will also support the Head of Department in budget preparation for revenue and expenditure in consultation with the Finance Manager.
- Keenly monitor purchases and utilization of department supplies.
- Reconcile daily clinic master transactions and posting into the accounting software.
- Ensure safe keeping of department assets.
- Work closely with the Hospital works supervisor for the servicing and maintenance of the equipment and buildings.
- Coordinate the roles of the Stores Officer, Receptionists, Cashier and Cleaners in the department.
- Put in place a customer care system and ensure that it is adhered to.
- Ensure that staff leave requests are properly filled and reconciled
- Maintain leave follow-up and ensure these documents are submitted to the HR department in a timely manner;
- Work in close collaboration with the HR department to mediate departmental staff disputes and facilitate disciplinary processes where appropriate
- Receive visitors to the department and respond to their needs;
- Provide support and build the capacity of team members to enable them to give their best
- Prepare and guide management about the quantity of the available assets to be disposed of and their working conditions /status, in consultation with the relevant departments.
- Ensure that each member is provided with clear job expectations for achievement of results, standards and behavior
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Administrator job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource, Social Science or Development Studies. Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Finance and Accounting will be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in office administration or management preferably in a hospital setting
- Proven business skills including problem solving, strategic planning abilities and critical thinking
- Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation; excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work as a team member and to build and maintain a positive work environment across the organization
- Good computer skills
- High level of integrity, strong people management and public relation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during emergency responses.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their application letters attached with a CV, copies of academic/training certificates and testimonials, professional membership certificates indicating three (3) referees and a reliable e-mail /telephone contact, addressed to:
P.O. Box 7161, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 1st September 2017