2 Fresher Yard Assistant Job Opportunities – Uganda Clays Limited (UCL)
Job Title: Yard Assistant (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: Uganda Clays Limited (UCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Yard Supervisor
Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda’s leading manufacturer of quality clay baked construction products since 1950 and is listed on Uganda’s Securities Exchange. The head offices are located at 14Km on Entebbe Road, with a factory situated at Kamonkoli in Eastern Uganda and another at Mbarara Sales Outlet.
Job Summary: The Yard Assistant will support the Kajjansi factory in the financial reporting process by providing accurate stock records of the factory as well as filling in for the outlet yard staff to ensure that the outlet yard role is executed efficiently and consistently.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the customers who come to the yard are welcomed and taken care of all the time
- Ensure that all inventory information required for financial reporting purposes is accurate and timely
- Acting efficiently on behalf of the substantive yard staff in cases of absence
- Work according to Uganda Clay’s Quality and Safety procedures at all times
- The incumbent will effectively execute the role of the Yard Supervisor in times of his/her absence
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by the Yard Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Yard Assistant jobs must hold Diplomas in Business studies preferably in accounting.
- One year of experience in a similar role in stores/ warehousing in a manufacturing entity with an equally busy environment.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and computerized accounting package – preferably Navision.
- Proven track record of having participated in managing company stock records.
- Reasonable ability to respond and resolve customer’s requests and concerns satisfactorily.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs, copies of certificates/ testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone contact, present position and current remuneration to the address below:
Human Resources and Support Services,
Uganda Clays Limited,
P.O. Box 3188 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 31st August 2017