2 Logistics Assistant Non-profit Job Placements – Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Support Assistant
VA NO: AFOD/EXT/INT/39/18/001
Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working with humanitarian and development partners to address the needs of conflict affected population, rural and urban poor communities in Uganda to address their real needs in areas of health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, environmental health, protection and psychosocial support, and research.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant will coordinate the day- to-day logistics operations stakeholders ensuring timely and efficient delivery of food commodities to beneficiaries at Health Facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate daily and weekly reports on food and NFIs in the AFOD stores are shared with WFP and ensure that internal control systems are functioning and all relevant records are maintained;
- Report timely any anomaly encountered from/by transporters in the delivery of cargo from EDPs and finally to the FDPs.
- Ensure utilization of AFOD documents for supply chain transactions as per WFP rules and regulations (waybills, LTI, stock reports, loss reports etc.).
- Ensure daily and monthly reconciliation of stock reports with the commodity-tracking unit.
- Institute loss mitigation measures, loss analysis and reporting,
- Regularly monitor and supervise the activities of food handling at FDP including temporary storage at Health Facilities.
- Oversee fleet management of AFOD Uganda field office to effectively support operations and field activities while applying standard operating procedures in facilitating field logistic support, directly or indirectly delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Logistics Assistant must hold a University Degree in either of the following fields: Finance & Accounts, Procurement & Logistics, Computer Science, Statistics or any other related field obtained from a recognized Institution Or a Diploma in any of the above with long progressive experience logistics management in lieu of degree.
- At least five years of working experience in a relevant field gained from a reputable organization;
- Ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation; training labourers on appropriate staking methods; identification of potential risks and taking remedial actions; coordination with transporters and accountability for commodities within the warehouse and in the field.
- Good working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Packages and other Networking Operating Systems.
- Excellent command of both written & oral English is essential.
- Ability and willingness to live and work in remote field locations under basic conditions.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills.
- Proven ability to present concise reports, sometimes on short notice.
How to Apply:
All prospective candidates are encouraged to send their applications through email to email@example.com and address them to the Human resource Officer, Kampala Head Office, Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road, Ntinda Minister’s Village or the Adjumani Field Office, Kelvin Road. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position, vacancy reference and location, updated CV (with at least 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates.
Deadline: 20th June 2018 by 5:00pm