2 Logistics Officer NGO Job Opportunities – Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Job Title: Logistics Officer (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer will provide Supply Chain Management support to DRC Refugee Emergency Operations for URCS Emergency Response Actions in Kyangwali and development projects in the West Nile refugee settlements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the field team in procuring, storing and distributing goods and services and maintain stock levels
- Ensure that all vehicles in the operational areas are in good condition and all stores records are well maintained
- Preserve and maintain necessary documentation for audit and logistics use
- Identify and manage risks within the supply chain at field level and communicate them to the management
- Participate in the tendering process including preparation of tender documents relating to construction materials and equipment
- Prepare procurement plans in conjunction with relevant sectors.
- Ensure that procurement status reports are up to date at all times and are shared appropriately
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists of URCS items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorized users
- Ensure that the periodic inventory reports are prepared as required internally by URCS and/or by donors.
- Ensure the functionality of URCS fleet of vehicles and equipment to support program implementation
- Ensure proper vehicle and other equipment utilization, maintenance, fuel consumption and monitoring and controls systems as per URCS policies and procedures
- Provide timely, accurate stock and inventory reports for Management information and donor reporting purposes
- Provide timely advice and technical support on logistics issues to other functions within the field
- Support, train and develop the capacity of staff as required, on logistics procedures.
- Work closely with user departments in contract management, in accordance with URCS Supply Chain Policy ; and arrange vendor invoices for submission to Finance Department for payment
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly reports and other reports for management in accordance with URCS Supply Chain Policy
- Maintain Contract register and maintain safe keeping of records for the Logistics operational activities.
- Closely coordinate with respective URCS operations or project managers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Logistics Officer job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management from a reputable Institution;
- Post graduate qualification in Procurement, Logistics , Supply Chain or CIPS is an added advantage.
- Three years of working experience in Managing Procurement, Logistics or supply Chain activities at Officer Level;
- Good understanding of Navision accounting System;
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- High level of Trust and integrity
- Good team leader
- Organised and a good planner with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Understanding of various donors requirements
- Excellent working skills with Microsoft Office and a database package.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 28th May 2018 by 5:00pm