African Development Bank Internships
ADB Internship Program: The African Development Bank (AfDB) internship program objectives are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
Internship Program Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
ADB Internship Program Applicants must:
- Be students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. The candidate can apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment.
- Be citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Be fluent in, at least, one of the Bank’s working languages (English or French).Internship Program Application Procedure
Internship applicants are requested to attach:
- A comprehensive CV and a cover letter.
- Copy of the latest Degree or equivalent or
- A recommendation letter from the academic institution they are currently attending.
- A brief description of the program or the topic (thesis or dissertation) to be prepared during the internship (when applicable).Please note that only complete applications will be processed.
Duration / Timing / Location of Internship
Internships will initially be for a period of three months, renewable for up to six months (maximum).
The timing for the program is as follows:
- Winter - Session I: January through March. Applicationperiod from July to October.
- Summer - Session II: June through August. Applicationperiod from December to end of February.Internship Program: Terms and Conditions
Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend of 550 UA (Units of Accounts - AfDB moving average exchange rateapplicable in July 2012 is 1 UA= $1.55644 = 1.16317 Euro = 2.30733 TND).
Eligible interns will be responsible for their airfare to and from the location of their internship, their visa if needed and will be required to have international medical and accident insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
For more information and application see; ADB Internship Program