Christine Bolt Scholarship
Christine Bolt Scholarship: The Christine Bolt Scholarship is aimed at postgraduate students whose area of research has an American element and/or where the centre of expertise or an important source of research material is located in the United States of America.
It is to designed to enable the successful candidate to spend a year researching their MPhil or PhD topic/thesis in the United States.
For this reason, preference will be given to candidates who have not had the opportunity to live or study in the USA.
The scholarship is primarily aimed at students of history.
However, candidates from the humanities subjects listed below are also welcome to apply.
- American Studies
- Drama and Film
- History, History of Science
- History and Theory of Art
- International Relations
- Women's StudiesThe successful candidate will be selected on the basis of academic excellence, achievements to date in their chosen field and their communication skills.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
- Hold an excellent Bachelor's (1 or 2.1), or master's degree (merit or distinction).
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to explain their project clearly and without jargon to non-experts.
- The successful candidate will be registered for a research degree; the scholarship will be offered for one year in support of research whilst in the USA.
- The scholarship is open to applicants of any nationality.How to apply:
Applications should include:
- Research proposal.
- Covering letter.
- Two academic references.In exceptional circumstances, the scholarship holder may be invited to re-apply for a further year's funding.
Candidates are reminded that an application will not be considered until all documents have been received.
Application deadline: Mid May every year.For further details and application, visit: Christine Bolt Scholarship