Education Consortium Manager Job Placement – Save the Children International
Job Title: Education Consortium Manager
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 300 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. In 2014, we reached over 143 million children through our work around 52m directly and 91 million indirectly around the world.
Job Summary: The Education Consortium Manager will be responsible for effective and high quality planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring, reporting of the 18-month Education Consortium award initially funded by ECHO, aimed at reaching beneficiaries. The Education programme is built on 4 results: I. Increased access to relevant, quality and safe non-formal learning opportunities; ii. Access to quality Early Childhood Development (ECD) opportunities; iii. Access to psychosocial support and protection services at Alternative Education centres’; IV. Sustained support to and increased capacity at district government, and community levels. Under the guidance of the Steering Committee, the Education Consortium Manager will be responsible for supporting the consortium partners (Save the Children, NRC, FCA and War Child Netherlands) to widen the newly established Education Consortium both in terms of scope and funding in line with the newly developed multi-year Education Refugee Response Plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Save the Children Education Consortium Manager job placement should hold a post-graduate degree in education planning and management or a related field with additional training project planning and management techniques and knowledge of current global and regional debates on quality and employment oriented education policies and models
- At least eight years of relevant technical experience including at senior level
- Proven experience of developing and managing high quality, innovative and cost-effective technical education projects and proven experience and skills in research and advocacy and influencing institutional, private and/or corporate donors and experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management.
- Highly numerically articulated with a track record of data manipulation and reporting systems.
- Substantial experience of working and living in the Horn of Africa is desired
- Demonstrable understanding of ECHO guidelines as well as other donors’ agenda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 18th January 2018