Fresher Project Officer Job Opportunities – Uganda National Teachers’ Union (UNATU)
Job Title: Project Officer
Organization: Uganda National Teachers’ Union (UNATU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Deputy General Secretary Programs
Uganda National Teachers’ Union (UNATU) exists to promote and protect the social, intellectual, economic and professional interests of its members/teachers as a per-requisite to enhancing the status of teaching profession.
Job Summary: The Project Officer- Resilient Learners, Teachers and Education Systems in Southern Sudan & Uganda will work as a link between the field and the UNATU secretariat by: drawing up plans of operation for implementation including any institutional arrangements tor budgets; closely monitor the implementation of projects under the geographical area of responsibility and ensure adherence to provisions under the agreements signed with the implementing partners; remit monthly reports on the implementation of activities in accordance with the agreed guidelines; act as a ﬁrst point of contact tor UNHCR Technical advisors, consultants and visitors; and maintain good working relations with the local government, implementing partners and other agencies in the area.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in, Development studies or Social Sciences;
- Possession of a post graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management with substantial project management skills
- Two years of experience in project implementation and management;
- Proven experience working with partner organisations and a good command of the Lou speaking dialect is an added advantage.
- Show personal commitment to protecting and promoting the rights of teachers and learners.
How to Apply:
Please deliver your application, CV, copies of certified academic certificates and three reference letters one being the current /recent supervisor to: General Secretary, UNATU, P.O. Box 377 Kampala; Plot 28/30 Bombo Road Kampala
Deadline: 20th July 2018