MA Online Degree Scholarships - University of York , UK.
MA Online Degree Scholarships; The University of York has been awarded 10 Commonwealth Distance LearningScholarships by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSCUK) for students joining the online Masters of Public Administration - International Development programme.
The Commonwealth Scholarships are administered by CSCUK, working as the UK arm of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP).
The awards themselves are funded by the Department for International Development (DFID)
The CSFP are working towards partnerships between developed and developing countries aimed at combining academic excellence with the desire to make a real difference in some of the world’s poorest countries.
MA Online Degree Scholarships Eligibility
Scholarships are available to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Have not previously had the opportunity to study at post-graduate level
- Are living and working in developing countries of the Commonwealth
- Are working in or with public organisations, including NGO’s, aid agencies and local/national government departments, and can demonstrate throughout their application that they are working towards the Millennium Development Goals
- Meet the University Entry Requirements for the programmeMA Online Degree Entry Requirements
A good second class (undergraduate) degree or equivalent qualification.
Applicants without undergraduate-level academic experience may also be considered if they have sufficient professional background.
Professional experience in the public service field.
This includes roles in government at national or local level, non-governmental and inter-governmental organisations, the voluntary and charitable sector, and private sector roles that support or deliver public services.
MA Online Degree Scholarships: The Programme
The Online Masters of Public Administration - International Development programme is a flexible, highly interactive, well supported programme that is directly relevant to the aims of the Millennium Development Goals.
Students will find that they are part of a lively international learning community.
How to Apply for the MA Online Degree Scholarships
- How to apply
- Scholarship Application
- Job Opportunities
- Please ensure that you meet the entry requirementsdetailed on the course web page before making an application.
- Applications must be submitted using CSCUK’s onlineElectronic Application System (EAS). Please do not submit a Scholarship application directly to the University.There is no requirement to apply to the University until you are sure that you have Scholarship (or other) funding.
- Access CSCUK’s Electronic Application System and click the link to the Applicant’s Portal where you will be presented with a link (bottom left of the screen) to Register New User.
- You will be asked to nominate 2 referees who will receive an email request to send a reference when you submit your scholarship application. It is your responsibility to log back into the system to ensure that your references have been provided. Applications which are not supported by 2 references at the closing date will not be considered for scholarship funding.Closing Date: 21st April 2014For more scholarship information and application: MA Online Degree Scholarships