Madvani Uganda Scholarships
Madvani Uganda Scholarships: The Madvani university scholarships covers tuition fees only from second year to completion for undergraduates; and, for the entire programme of study for graduate students from the time of application/award.
The scholarship shall be extended as a grant payable directly to the University/Institution on behalf of the beneficiaries.
Renewal of funding shall be subject to receiving satisfactory progress reports from the beneficiary's Faculty/Institute/School.
Retakes in 1 or more subjects would entail withdrawal of Scholarship and shall not be funded by the Trust.
On completion of studies, it is expected that the awardees will, for the benefit of future scholars, make voluntary donations/contributions to the Foundation.
Uganda Madvani Scholarship Eligibility
Undergraduate students, who have completed first year of studies at a Ugandan University; and, graduate applicantswho have been either admitted and/or registered for graduate programmes (in any of the disciplines above), are eligible to apply.
Students with CGPA Lower then 2.2 and/or having a retake in any subject in the First Year of study are not eligible to apply.
Students already on sponsorship from elsewhere are not eligible to apply.
Uganda Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
- Scholarship Application
- Job Opportunities
- Arthritis Foundation
- All applicants shall be required to provide proof of completion of First Year study for undergraduate applicantsand proof of admission to a degree or postgraduate programme in a recognized University or Institution of Higher Learning in Uganda for post graduate applicants.
- Academic performance: the applicants' Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and/or class of degree as well as academic references shall be among the variables to be used in determining successful applicants. The higher one's CGPA, the better.
- The applicant's age and character shall be considered.
- The financial status of the applicants themselves, their parents, families and/or spouses shall be scrutinised to assess their relative financial needs. Students already being sponsored by other organizations should not apply.
- The Board of Trustees has empowered the ScholarshipCommittee to use their discretion in considering the applicants and identifying those suitable for sponsorship. The Committee may use additional parameters, such as gender, regional balance and disability, where competition is stiff.
- Postgraduate Applicants with work experience in the relevant field of study will have advantage in award of Scholarship.
- The Foundation reserves the right to check and verify any information provided by the applicant.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.Uganda Scholarship Applications
The Committee shall invite applications through print and other media during May/June every year for students who wish to benefit from the scholarship programme beginning September/October that year.