Makerere University Undergraduate Admissions 2018/2019
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for the undergraduate programmes under the private sponsorship scheme for the 2018/2019 Academic Year.
The details are as follows:
Each applicant should:
Have the Uganda Certificate of Education with at least (five passes), or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting. For day programmes, only candidates who sat “A” Level in 2017, 2016 and 2015 are eligible to apply. For Evening, Afternoon, and External programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting “A” Level.
Hold at least a Second Class or Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognised institution, relevant to the programmes applied for. ( Details of the Diploma Admission requirements can be viewed on the notice boards of the Undergraduate Admissions Office or by following the link: https://www.mak.ac.ug/application-procedures/diploma-holders . Certified copies of academic transcripts and Certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315 Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
Be a Graduate from a recognised university. Certified copies of academic transcripts (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
Non-refundable application fee of UG Shs.50,000/= for Ugandans, East African and S. Sudan applicants or UG Shs.172,500/= for International applicants plus Bank charge of UG Shs.2,750/=should be paid from the following banks using Makerere University Paying-in-slips:
(A) Any STANBIC BANK BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 9030005866749
(B) DFCU BANK MAKERERE BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 01083500181477
(C) CENTENARY BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 3740300001
(D) Any POST BANK BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 1630037000063
Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of ‘O’ Level results should not apply because they are Not eligible for admission.
Diploma holder applicants who hold class three (3) Diploma Certificates are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
The closing date for submitting the completed Application Forms is Friday, 18th May 2017.
Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
Cut-Off Points for the respective Academic Programmes to guide you in making choices for courses and programmes may be found here.
For further enquiries, please contact the Academic Registrar’s Office through the addresses at the link below:
- Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL http://admissions.mak.ac.ug
- Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme..
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button (Take note of the Application Number generated by the system, it is required by the Bank to effect payment)
- Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
- Stanbic Bank
- Post Bank
- Centenary Bank
- DFCU Bank