Mill Machinist Job Opportunities – Duma Works (Alam Group)
Job Title: Mill Machinist
Organisation: Duma Works (Alam Group)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor In-Charge
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. They are efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities. Duma Works is a recruiting platform that fuses traditional human-centered recruiting and an interactive digital process to simplify how growing businesses hire top talent on the African continent. Since 2012, hundreds of employers all over East Africa have used DUMA Works to save time and money when identifying qualified job candidates. They are recruiting for a valuable client, Alam Group in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mill machinists operate industrial devices that generate manufacturing parts. Essential skills are technical knowledge, computer programming experience, and precision. Most mill machinists have a high school diploma and a certificate from a technical college.
- A Mill machinist operates equipment such as mill machines, end mills, resolving lathe tools, and drill presses, to produce manufacturing parts out of metal, aluminums, steel, or plastic, often for the aerospace industry. Using blueprints provided by company’s engineers, mill machinists asses specifications and configure equipment to produce batches of parts.
- The work requires technical knowledge and precision, since mill machinists take measurements to adequately setup the devices. They may be responsible for procedures such as cutting, squaring, and milling, drilling, tapping, and boring.
- Mill machinists use measuring tools such as gauges, calipers, indicators, and micrometers to perform tool changes and radius offsets. In addition to setting up, loading, and programming equipment, they’re responsible for its smooth operation. An incorrect measurement or inaccurate cut, for example, could ruin an entire batch of production and negatively affect company profits.
- Mill machinists also perform maintenance and look for potential problems such as a poorly fitting piece or an overworked machine.
- Successful mill machinists are team player who pays attention to detail, can analyze a problem quickly, and troubleshoot effectively.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Attainment of 100% preventive mill machines measures implemented in response to identified breakdown.
- Realization of 100% adherence to maintenance machine on full time attendance.
- Realization of 100% adherence to employee’s trainings conducted in a given period.
- Attainment of 100% good and sound technical knowledge and precision.
- Realization of 10% to full attendance this year.
- Attainment of 100% adherence to good behavior conducts while on duty.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and manufacturing.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a related field.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and detailed CVs via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “3297”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3297 Okedi Jonathan, +2567xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
N.B: You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
Deadline: 30th April 2018