Several Midwife Job Opportunities – Old Kampala Hospital
Job Title: Midwife (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Old Kampala Hospital (Sawa HealthCare Group)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sawa HealthCare Group exists to provide affordable, accessible and quality healthcare services in the communities we serve and to do so in a sustainable manner with the highest level of integrity.
Job Summary: The Midwife will be responsible for the promotion and maintenance of the highest standards of professional women and infant care to meet the needs of patients and their families. The Midwife will ensure that she/he complies with best practices and maintains a safe environment. She/he will treat patients with dignity and ensure confidentiality at all times. The Midwife understands the operations of the Hospital beyond the midwife function and influences the overall organization to ensure superior operations and patient outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive professional obstetric, gynecological and women’s health care to patients including identifying high-risk cases and providing corrective action, advice and/or referral
- Works closely with multidisciplinary providers to ensure that the patient is getting the best in comprehensive women and infant health care
- Participates in all activities necessary to implement the multidisciplinary team approach to the care of women and infants (including nutritional counseling, breastfeeding support, health education, family planning and other counseling as required under the circumstances, monitoring and appropriate reporting of the health condition of women and infant patients, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of Hospital operations within the midwife function, quality assurance, safe environment and infection control standards
- Assists in expanding and enhancing women and infant health services provided at the Hospital by participating in outreach, community screenings and conducting health education sessions
- Ability to maintain and build trust, protect and preserve confidential information
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, & behaviors necessary to provide superior service to patients
- High competency in area of practice with commitment to excellence in the practice of midwifery
- Contributes to Hospital institutional knowledge by staying current on issues in the health care field and sharing knowledge as required with other staff
- Performs administrative duties as required such as registration of birth notifications, compile reproductive/child health data and other required reports production of documents, case management, records maintenance and patient surveys to maintain quality assurance
- Maintains personal contact with patients, take note of their complaints, carry out corrective measures and escalate for further action as necessary
- Manages patients with confidentiality and adherence to professional code of conduct, hospital policies and procedures and best practices in health care
- Requisitions and maintains accurate accounts for medical supplies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma from an accredited School of Midwifery.
- Three years of midwifery experience in a hospital.
- Proficiency in computer packages like Microsoft excel, word and other office products.
- Excellent communication, leadership, customer service, interpersonal skills and respect for and receptivity to other cultures.
- Proof of registration with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council required.
How to Apply:
All candidates who are suitably qualified are advised to send their application and curriculum vitae to email@example.com
Deadline: 11th July 2018